Treehouse is excited to invite you to the opening of our upcoming exhibition Hear All Voices this Thursday June 22nd at 18h.
In connection with Over Het Ij Festival's theme for this year, this 4-week long exhibition seeks to interrogate how (or if) our democracy supports or does not support the participation of every citizen in it. The 19 participating artists will invite you to reflect on stagnant forms of government and the flaws our democracies have shown in terms of inclusivity, accountability, transparency, environmental responsibility, and social and climate justice. After all, exploration and experimentation through art can bring new imaginaries that may serve as a starting point to build better systems.
Hear All Voices will also include a series of workshops and side-activities organised by the participating artists in relation to their featured pieces and/or their practice.
SIDE-ACTIVITIES AND WORKSHOPS
- June 29th (exhibition open until 22h) | NDSM Get Lost + concert by Alpa Orchestra
- July 1st, 12h - 14h | Can we save the world with memes? - Workshop by Kiril Zakomoldin
- July 6th , 19h - 21h | Video screening night on the subject of democracy + artist talk
- July 15th, 15h - 18h | Voicecatcher - Workshop by Lies Aries and Helga van Stralen
- July 14th and 15th, 20h | Transperceneige by Flock Theatre – improvisation theatre
- July 18th, 20h - 22h | Evening exhibition tour with the artists for Over Het Ij festival’s audience
Ornela Alia, Lies Aris, Olga Butenop, Flock Theatre, Antoni Hidalgo, Leslie Lawrence, Rucha Kulkarni, Jennie E. Park, Marcella Perrusquia, Gina Peyran Tan, Ana Pinho, Jean-Michel Rolland, Judith Segers, Sophia Simensky, Helga van Stralen, Mathias Vico Persson, Irene Bruns, Kirill Zakomoldin & Lova Yu.
'Hear all Voices' exhibition was supported by AFK (Amsterdams Fonds voor de Kunst).
📢 For news about Treehouse's events, art exhibitions, concerts, jam sessions, and more, join our newsletter here!
We look forward to seeing you there!
Treehouse NDSM Team