ExChAnGiNg tHe PeN fOr A PaInTBrUsH

As a writer I have interviewed and written portraits about people who work at the Van Gogh Museum last year. From curators, to marketing people, to HRM girls, to museumshop managers .... you name it. This was a huge commissioned assignment in 2018. But also autonomously I have portrayed many people from Amsterdam in my neighbourhood portrayal projects the last years.

After all these stories I wanted to exchange the pen for a pencil and a painting brush and I started portraying people in paint, charcoal or pastel this year and will continue to do so in 2019. As a more 3-Dimensional maker I started out being rubbish at it, but hopefully I'll be able to show something worth the look at the coming year.

It's a process. Continuously studying...



[La bella italiana, bored by posing]


[my first painted hands 2018]


[waiting for an escape possibility from the AZC 2018]


[the Scottish girl who used to be a rebel but now is a lady 2018]